Enter your best study abroad photos from your USAC program for a chance to win a $300 travel voucher!
Submit up to 10 photos you believe epitomize life abroad via email to email@example.com. We are looking for photos that are unique, tell the story of study abroad, show the impact study abroad can have on an individual and/or a community, and/or encompass the overall experience that is studying abroad.
When choosing photos, think about which ones have the sentiment of studying in a foreign country. Think of what it was like when you first stepped off the plane, when you saw your new home, when you first heard the dialect, when you made new friends, etc.
CONTEST TERMS AND CONDITIONS
This photo contest is open to all current students and alumni who have participated in a USAC study abroad program. Photographs from any year may be submitted.
Photos must be submitted via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by April 1, 2017
Participants must adhere to the following submission requirements for consideration:
• Include your name, the school you attend and the term and location of your USAC program in the subject of the email
• Please name each file with a brief description of the photo, followed by the locations and your last name, first initial in parenthesis [i.e. Volunteering_Accra (SmithJ)]
• In the body of your email, please include a brief description of each photo (where you are, what you are doing, who you are with, etc.) When adding your description, please list the file name first, followed by the description [i.e. Volunteering_ Accra (SmithJ): Myself and my classmate, Jane Doe, volunteering at a local elementary school in Chengdu, China, during our Fall 2016 semester abroad.]
• Ensure all photos attached are sent in their original file size. It is okay to send multiple emails until you reach your full 10 submissions.
• Resolution and Format: We would prefer high-quality photos (min 300 dpi) and submitted electronically in JPEG, TIFF, or RAW format.
• Limits on Submission: Participants may submit up to 10 photographs.
• Please refrain from submitting photos containing alcohol, illegal or dangerous behavior, or anything else that may be deemed as inappropriate.
• Original Work: Submitted photographs must be original material taken by the contest entrant. By entering this contest, participants acknowledge that the submitted photo(s) is/are original works created solely by the entrant and that no other party has any claim to the submitted photography. Photos previously submitted to USAC as part of another contest are not eligible for resubmission under this competition.
• Copyright and Usage: Photographers retain the copyright to their photographs. By entering the contest, photographers agree that
o Entries (including non-winning entries) may be selected for display or use on USAC web pages and promotional materials, without fee, compensation, or acknowledgment;
o USAC may display winning photos on their website and/or on the UNR study abroad webpage;
o USAC may retain copies of the photograph for archival and promotional purposes.
10 winners will be selected. There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner, four (4) runners-up, and 5 honorable mentions with prizes as follows:
• One Grand Prize Winner will be selected and will receive a travel voucher worth up to $300 and USAC swag.
• One runner up will receive a free graduation sash featuring their countries of study and USAC swag ($60 value).
• Second, Third and Fourth runners up will receive gift cards and USAC swag ($30 value).